Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm finally here!!

Hey everyone in internet land! I hope this post finds you doing well! I started my journey up to Santa Cruz last Friday when I drove from Oceanside to Agoura Hills (right by Ventura). I met up with Chelsey Hutchinson and we had a great time! Her dad cooked tri-tip and it was amazing, her mom was super hospitable and I just had wonderful time hanging out with her and her family! The next day I traveled up north taking the 1... it was so beautiful!! The drive through Big Sur was amazing! I ended my drive safely to Santa Cruz on Saturday evening as the sun was setting. On Sunday I went into town and got some breakfast at a local hotspot called Chubbie's Diner, it was pretty cool and the food was good too. I was even invited to bring my truck to the car show they have here in the parking lot every summer!! I'm super excited about that already!

It's Monday today and this whole week is dedicated to staff development and planning. My department is called Youth Staff and my specific area is working with the Young Adults (college aged people). I'm at Peet's Coffee with my co leader Beth planning out our weekly schedule. Actually we're done planning for the afternoon which is why I'm taking some time to update you on what's going on :)

There are some really great people here and I've already started to cultivate friendships that I know will last for a long time!

Also, I'm not in the summer band this year but the regular drummer isn't coming up till next week so I'm filling in this whole week for our staff worship services. We've had some cool times of worship and I'm looking forward to the service tonight!

On a non camp related note, I would like to encourage you to pray for a friend... it could be anyone. Because I feel like we're always praying for ourselves and our own personal situations and struggles (which is good) but let's not forget our friends and family who are around us too!


"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4–7


Stay encouraged my friends!!

Shalom

5 comments:

  1. awesome! im so excited for you! keep me updated! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safe. We actually passed right by you on Saturday on our way to film a wedding in Solvang...I waved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joshy-bear-poopy-pants. (beth's name for you fits quite well...)

    I am so glad to have your on our team this summer. thanks for your positive attitude and all-around awesome-ness.

    you're cool, josh edwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOSHHY POO POO BUTT!!!
    i am your new friend.
    but i will pray for another! :)
    great to have you hear.

    ReplyDelete